In April 2019, 6.4 million Google searches were made for CBD. Undoubtedly, CBD, hemp, and all things related to the cannabis sativa plant became the talk of the town starting in 2017 (the year before the Farm Bill legalizing hemp went into effect). But what is the difference between hemp gummies and CBD gummies? This article is a great guide if you’re planning on trying either, or even both!
The truth is that hemp oil, CBD oil, and marijuana all come from the same plant – cannabis sativa.
- Cannabis vs Marijuana vs Hemp. Science will not show the difference between the three terms (because they obviously come from the same plant and species). Legally, however, it is easier to differentiate.
- cannabis is the most general name for the plant Cannabis sativa.
- hemp plant is the common term for cannabis containing 0.3% or less THC. These are the plants from which hemp oil and CBD oil are derived.
- marijuana plant is cannabis containing over 0.3% THC.
- The Science of the Cannabis Sativa Plant. Historically, hemp was best known as a material used in the manufacture of ship rigging, paper, and building materials. Aside from rope and twine, the hemp plant has been used for centuries for its various potential health benefits.  The different parts—seeds, leaves, and mature flowers—are harvested for medicinal and recreational purposes due to their different chemical composition.
- The legality with the cannabis sativa plant. Various strict regulations were enacted in the 1900s, including the Marijuana Tax Act and the Controlled Substances Act, resulting in the production of all cannabis strains being severely reduced. It wasn’t until 2018 that cannabis plants became a legal champion – Americans can now grow or consume hemp (with a license) since it’s already legal federally. Marijuana remains illegal nationwide, but is legal state by state.
Hemp gummies and CBD gummies are both innovations derived from the cannabis sativa plant. Hemp gummies are made from the hemp seeds while CBD gummies are made from the hemp flower. And you get a unique experience from each one.
Hemp Gummies Source: Hemp Seeds
Before CBD gummies and other CBD products, there was hemp seed oil. During the essential oil boom, hemp seed oil, or hemp oil, was a favorite. According to some users, hemp oil helped them with some of their health issues, like skin issues, inflammation, and stress. And in recent years, it can be enjoyed in the form of hemp gummies, a more fun and effective way to learn more about cannabis seeds.
- The fatty acid profile of hemp seeds. Hemp seeds contain 25% to 30% oil obtained through cold pressing and solvent extraction. Cold pressing is the most commonly used extraction method with a recovery rate of 60% to 80%.
- Why choose hemp seed oil? The hemp seed is widely known for its high proportion of ω-6/ω-3 fatty acids in unsaturated fatty acids (approx. 90%).  Compared to the other vegetable oils, hemp seed oil has the highest concentration of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA).  When a person has enough PUFA in their system, there are many health benefits. 
- Hemp seed oil is rich in sterol phytol and tocopherol. The sterol of hemp seed oil has twice the sterol content of olive oil. 68% of this sterol is β-sitosterol, a chemical that is good for your whole body.  Tocopherol, a very powerful antioxidant, ranges from about 80-90 mg per 100 g of hemp seed oil – significantly more than all vegetable oils. 
CBD Gummies Source: Hemp Flower only
While hemp gummies use hemp seed oil, Cornbread Hemp CBD gummies use hemp flower extract. This speaks to the quality of the CBD gummies, as the buds have almost all of the CBD concentrated in one hemp plant. If your gummies are sourced from other parts of the hemp plant, your best bet is to look for another brand.
In most cases, most CBD company manufacturers use hemp stems and leaves. At Cornbread Hemp, we compost these bits right away because we believe we’re getting the best – and giving our customers the best – by only using hemp flower in our delicious CBD gummies.
- cannabinoids of a cannabis plant mainly concentrated in the flower of the plant– specifically named in the small resinous hairs trichomes.
- Cannabinoids bind to the CB1 and CB2 receptors of our endocannabinoid systemthroughout the central and peripheral nervous system.  Cannabinoids produce different effects depending on which receptor they bind to.
- Full-spectrum CBD products contain CBD, THC, and all of the major and minor cannabinoids derived from the hemp plant. This increases the potency of the CBD through something called that entourage effect. CBD works well on its own, but it works better when combined with all of the other cannabinoids associated with the hemp plant.
- THC – Let’s start with the most well-known and well-researched cannabinoid in every cannabis sativa plant, THC or tetrahydrocannabinol. One of the main reasons the plant is highly regulated is because of its psychoactive effects. THC gets you high.
- CBD – CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the most important cannabinoids that has made a name for itself in recent years. According to clinical and anecdotal evidence, CBD offers various health benefits, including relieving stress, pain, inflammation, and other symptoms.  
- Other cannabinoids. In addition to THC and CBD, there are over a hundred other cannabinoids. You can reap their effects—plus the entourage effect—when you use full-spectrum CBD gummies. 
- Complicated hemp flower harvest. According to a study, the concentration of cannabinoids, especially THC, CBD and CBG, increases significantly as hemp flowers mature – especially, in the 6th to 7th week.  The average harvest is 2500 pounds of dried hemp flower per acre with an average CBD content of 6.5%. That’s how special Flower-only™ Full-Spectrum CBD Gummies are. Careful farming is always worth the return.
- Some Disadvantages of using only hemp flower for CBD gummies.
- There is only a small yield (but very valuable and effective) if farmers only observe the organic cultivation of the hemp flower.
- High CBD means high THC in hemp flowers. Ensuring that the cannabis extract has the correct THC content requires a keen eye from CBD manufacturers during identification and analysis.
Whichever gummies you choose, just know that both hemp gummies and CBD gummies should be considered if you want to enjoy the potential wonders of hemp plants. Both novel food products made from organic hemp extract can act like multivitamins and mineral supplements.
- What are you going to use the gummies for? Explore the potential health benefits of hemp-derived gummies. Here’s what we find in the intersection of the two jelly bean variants:
- They can help with your nutritional deficiencies with their high-quality ingredients.
- Hemp gummies and CBD gummies can both provide pain relief and promote heart health due to their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Both gums can improve skin condition.
- Both could have anti-cancer potential (which seems very promising in the studies that are unfolding and will unfold in the future).
- How often will you use it in your routine? Follow the dosage. For example, Cornbread Hemp suggests that Flower-Only™ Full Spectrum CBD Gummies should be consumed twice a day right after breakfast and dinner. The goal is for you to maximize the likely health benefits of CBD by taking it with fatty foods. For beginners, be wary of the minor side effects (such as dizziness and drowsiness). If necessary, lower dosage. And if you want to up the dosage of your CBD gummies, you can opt for the recommended strength for experienced users – 50mg per gummie. Also, be sure to mix and match the gummies with medication.
- What could make you fail a drug test? Hemp-derived CBD won’t get you into such trouble as it’s not on the controlled substances list.  It is THC that is most commonly tested in random workplace drug testing. Normally you shouldn’t worry when taking CBD gummies of any kind as there is little THC in them. If you want to be on the safe side, your best bet is to opt for CBD isolate gummies or avoid hemp-derived CBD products.
- Where can I find the best CBD and hemp gummies? To ensure the authenticity and quality of your gummies, look for a brand that puts conformity above all else. CBD companies like Cornbread Hemp can guarantee that all of their third-party hemp-derived CBD products are lab-tested, USDA organic, and properly labeled according to FDA guidelines.  Additionally, customer satisfaction is what reputable CBD brands are all about. Find a CBD Gummies retailer that has accessible product information and customer service.
Industrial hemp gummies are easy to take and very rewarding for those looking to promote a healthy diet and lifestyle. Both have health benefits according to anecdotal evidence. However, they also have their specifications that you need to consider before choosing what to include in your routine. If this comprehensive overview of CBD and hemp gummies is not enough for you, the Cornbread Hemp Experts may be able to provide a little more enlightenment through our reliable customer service!