After acquiring the Portland-based company Social CBD, the vertically integrated Kadenwood is expanding its brand portfolio with the Healist CBD line incubated by Present Life.
WHO: Founded in 2020, Healist makes topical and ingestible CBD wellness products designed to aid with stress, sleep, pain relief and immune support. The line is sold online and in bulk retail channels and is available in the US, UK and Brazil.
Present Life is a newly formed well-being and beauty holding that builds and acquires purpose-driven, natural, self-care brands that don’t compromise on performance or the planet.
Founded in 2019, Kadenwood is a privately held consumer products lifestyle company with a relentless focus on making CBD a trustworthy and safe mainstream wellness category. To advance this mission, Kadenwood is backed by decades of CPG marketing and category innovation experience, as well as industry leading vertically integrated CBD agriculture to ensure high quality CBD oil from seed to shelf that contains 0% THC. In 2019, Kadenwood launched its first branded products under Level Select in the personal care sector. And in late 2020, Kadenwood launched the Purity Preferred Pet business and Purity Organic Hot Teas to expand its portfolio of CBD brands.
- Kadenwood buys Heilist from Present Life.
- Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but as part of the transaction, Present Life’s funder, The Craftory, will invest in Kadenwood.
- Camillo Pane, Founder of Present Life, will join the Kadenwood board of directors and will help develop Healist and other CBD brands.
- Kadenwood recently acquired Social CBD and expanded its retail presence to 18,000 stores.
- Present Life also owns Loum, a skin care line for psychodermatology, and One Ocean Beauty, which it acquired in 2020.