Do you mind a double chin? Effective Exercises to Get Rid of the Extra Fat | Photo credit: iStock Images
- To be blessed with a well-formed jaw is often a dream come true for most
- As we age, the skin around our jaw can loosen, leading to an annoying double chin
- Double chin due to weight gain is due to the accumulation of extra fat around the jaw, causing sagging skin folds
New Delhi: Do you want a smooth and distinctive jaw, but your double chin is in the way? Don’t worry, we have a solution for you. The double chin is also known as submental fat. Contrary to popular belief, a double chin is not necessarily an indicator of weight gain or obesity. While obese and overweight people are at high risk of developing a double chin, it is often also a result of genetics or loose skin. Some common causes of a double chin can be age, weight, genetics, and posture. Common treatments include exercise, dietary regulation, and surgery.
Exercises for double chin
Here are some exercises that can help you get rid of a double chin:
Jaw rotation: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- This exercise involves rotating your jaw in different directions.
- Start by stretching your lower jaw outward.
- Then bring it to the left and then inward.
- Now bring your lower jaw to the right.
- Repeat the steps in one direction and then switch directions.
The air kiss: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- Stand in a comfortable position.
- Look up with pursed lips as if trying to kiss each other.
- Stretch your neck up and kiss the air.
- Hold it for 10 seconds and coke in the starting position.
- Repeat the steps at least 5 times.
- Be careful not to strain your neck.
Ball exercise: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- Take a ball that is small enough to fit under your chin.
- Put it under your chin and press your jaw against it.
- You will feel resistance and muscle stretching.
- Hold for 10 seconds, relax, and repeat.
- You can do this exercise anytime you are free.
Touch nose: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Open your mouth and stick your tongue out.
- Extend your tongue as far as you can.
- Now move your extended tongue upwards and try to touch your nose with it.
- Hold the position for at least 5 seconds and relax.
- Repeat the steps 10 times.
Wide mouth: You can do this exercise in the following steps:
- Open your mouth wide.
- Stretch and open your nostrils as well.
- You need to feel your facial muscles stretch.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds and close your mouth.
- Repeat the steps at least 10 times.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in this article are for general information only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or nutritionist before starting any fitness program or changing your diet.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, and other updates on Times Now