Regular exercise is not only good for the overall health and fitness of your body, but your skin as well. However, the sweat released during exercise can do the opposite and too Acne breakouts, Irritation, redness, rash and infection. For this reason, it is important to take care of your skin before training and also after you return.
Fitness trainer Yasmin Karachiwala recently posted a video showing dermatologist Dr. Jaishree Sharad is seen explaining the pre and post workout skin care routines that you must follow.
“It’s so important to take care of your skin before you exercise, not after you exercise,” said Dr. Sharad. Check out the video.
Skin care before exercise
- Remove makeup: You can’t go to a workout session with makeup on. You need to remove your makeup as sweat with makeup clogs your pores and causes acne. This can even lead to infection, rashes, or even blackheads and whiteheads.
- Cleaning: Wash your face thoroughly with a good detergent.
- Moisturize: When you sweat, you become dehydrated and your skin dries out too. Therefore, moisturize your skin.
- Sunscreen: Apply sunscreen over the moisturizer. You don’t need to apply both if your sunscreen contains a moisturizer.
“Remember to take the thermal water mist with you for training,” suggested the expert.
Post-workout skin care
- Washing hands: It is necessary to wash your hands after exercising as you have touched all kinds of equipment. Therefore, you need to remove all bacteria and microorganisms from your hands.
- Shower: shower and change immediately. Sweat can lead to fungal and bacterial infections.
- Moisturizer: Moisturize your skin after you shower.
- Sunscreen: Apply sunscreen not just to the face, but to all exposed parts of the body.