47-year-old in hospital after home shooting |  Police / fire

Police are seeking information about a shooting that left a man critically injured on Bowser Avenue.

A 47-year-old man was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after the shooting on Friday night, Fort Wayne police said.

Police were called to a house on the 2700 block of Bowser at around 7:45 p.m. to report a domestic malfunction and found the man with obvious gunshot wounds.

Detectives were there on Friday evening, taking statements and collecting evidence, the police said. They asked anyone with information to call the detective agency at 260-427-1201.

Accident brings motorcyclists to hospital

A motorcyclist was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries late Friday after an accident on Sandpoint Road, Fort Wayne police said on Saturday.

The police were called to Block 2600 at Sandpoint at around 11:30 p.m. because a motorcycle accident with injuries was reported. They said the officers found that a motorcycle had left the west side of the road and that an unconscious man was trapped under it. He was taken to a hospital.

A preliminary investigation found the motorcycle was heading west at Sandpoint when the rider lost control, police said. They said alcohol and excessive speed appear to have contributed to the accident.

Sandpoint Road between Genesee and Monmouth Avenues has been closed while investigators are working on the crime scene, police said. The crash is still being investigated.

Semi meets Auto in DeKalb and closes part of I-69

A two-vehicle accident in DeKalb County temporarily closed the lanes of Interstate 69 going south early Sunday morning.

Ronald Burns, 67, of Royal Oak, Michigan, drove a 2006 Ford Taurus near the 327 mile mark on I-69 at 4:49 a.m.

An initial investigation indicates that Burns was stopped on the right shoulder for an unknown reason, but prior to the Joe Ward Jr press release.

Ward was unable to stop in time and drove up with Burns, causing the Taurus to leave the road, hit the right guardrail, and return to traffic, where it was reportedly hit a second time by the truck.

Burns had to be removed from his car and complained of neck pain. Ward sustained no injuries. The Taurus had a total write-off, while the semi-trailer truck had a frontal damage.