The pain in the neck is one of common reason for emergency rooms and primary care visits however, it’s typically treated with surgery.
Neurosurgeons who are board certified Dr. Jay Jagannathan, with Jagannathan Neurosurgery says that neck pain is often caused by muscles strains and worn joints nerve compression injuries, and other conditions. The doctor also advises that you not be concerned about neck pain when you are experiencing any of the following:
- Persistent pain (over 6 weeks)
- The pain is getting worse
- Balance, weakness or coordination issues
- Neck pain due to losing weight, headaches with chills or fevers
Luckily, there are few ways to prevent neck pain
- Make sure you have a your posture with care
- Make sure you take frequent breaks
- Take the appropriate precautions when lifting weights that are heavy
- Relax and rest with a good posture
- Stop smoking
For more information about health issues for more health information, call Jagannathan Neurosurgery for neurosurgery, the field of neurology and interventional pain treatment.
Northern Michigan: 989-701-2538
Upper Peninsula: 906-253-1341
Southeast Michigan: 248-792-6527
We understand how important it is to choose a chiropractor that is right for you. It is our belief that educating our patients is a very important part of the success we see in our offices.