The Department of Science and Technology – Food and Nutrition Research Institute (DOST-FNRI) announced that data collection for the last stage of the Expanded National Nutrition Survey (ENNS), which was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), has already started.
A member of the National Nutrition Survey Team of the Department of Science and Technology – Food and Nutrition Research Institute (DOST-FNRI) is collecting field data in early July 2021 for the final stage of the government’s canceled Extended National Nutrition Survey (ENNS) due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. (Photo from the DOST-FNRI Facebook page)
The DOST-FNRI announced that field data collection is ongoing in the Tarlac Province.
“After almost a year of postponement due to COVID-19, data collection for the last stage of the Expanded National Nutrition Survey (ENNS) has already started,” wrote the DOST-FNRI on Saturday, July 3rd on Facebook.
DOST Secretary Fortunato “Boy” T. de la Peña said the National Nutrition Survey Team is made up of professionals and is expected to conduct personal data surveys in 19 parishes in Tarlac and Tarlac City.
“I am pleased to have the opportunity to meet our Nutrition Survey Team from the Department of Science and Technology – Food and Nutrition Research Institute (DOST-FNRI),” he said in a Facebook post.
He quoted DOST-FNRI director Dr. Imelda Angeles-Agdeppa and said the team will survey around 1,560 households in 19 parishes in Tarlac, including Tarlac City.
“Tarlac is the first of the 37 provinces that will be covered this year,” said the DOST boss.
He noted that as required by the Tarlac Provincial Government, the team had been subjected to antigen testing and was required to obtain medical certificates and travel instructions prior to deployment.
During the 74th anniversary celebrations on Thursday July 2nd, the DOST-FNRI said it will continue to conduct the ENNS to study the diet and nutritional status of Filipinos.
“This is the first personal data collection that has been resumed since the beginning of the pandemic,” wrote the DOST-FNRI on Facebook on Thursday.
Related story: http: // https: //mb.com.ph/2021/07/02/dost-fnri-to-continue-conductor-expanded-nutrition-survey-nationwide/
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY NEWSLETTER
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP