Hill’s Pet Nutrition is hiring operational assistants for its Emporia location. Relocation assistance is offered within the region at a starting price of $ 18 per hour.
Apply at https://jobs.colgate.com
This position becomes the main responsibility for the support of industrial technicians in the preparation and implementation of commissioning, conversions and plant shutdowns, the execution of the main hygiene functions, the coordination of production materials, compliance with safety regulations, data acquisition, maintenance of the 5S Visual Workplace and all production support wear . The Operations Assistant is also responsible for working within a structure that requires significant interaction with others in the same production unit as well as other production units and supporting functions.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
● Understand and be responsible for full compliance and compliance with all quality, GMP, AIB and micro (C&S guidelines), EOHS and safety standards and guidelines.
● Support with commissioning, conversion and shutdown of the line of automated and manual devices in the entire production plant.
● Performs housekeeping activities according to the master plumbing plan and participates in housekeeping assessments in the areas necessary to meet all GMP, FDA and AIB requirements.
● Responsible for supporting line operations during lunch, breaks and covering open positions.
● Responsible for the preparation and testing of the finished goods, including the placement of the caps, the checklist, the legible date codes, and the quality of the bag seal.
● Disposal and disposal of production line waste according to standard operating procedures.
● Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting the equipment in the production areas during operation. Trained in LOTO, handling chemicals, PPE, etc.
● Understand and follow Hill’s policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and food safety. Identify and report food safety issues to management.
● Responsible for managing the product movements of Dum Back / Regrid / Reblend.
● Supports packaging lines with provision of the required resources based on the production schedule, including hand stacking of all bag sizes.
● Attends the shift transition meeting to understand the current shift production schedule.
● Contribute additional man-hours as needed to meet business needs.
The basic qualifications include:
● High school diploma or equivalent .. Must be able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends.
● Ability to bend over, climb, and work in tight spaces, and work in hazardous environments for up to twelve hours a day.
● Ability to push containers of produce up to 750 lbs.
● Ability to work in extreme weather conditions with temperature ranges from cold to hot and humid.
● Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly.
● Use a forklift while standing or sitting intermittently for up to twelve hours per day.
● Go indefinitely every day.
Preferred qualifications are:
● Degree from a technical college / vocational school or associate degree in a production-related area preferred.
● Ability to use hazardous materials.
● Experience in food safety, including cleaning and disinfecting equipment.
Equal opportunities for all employees
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (positions in the United States) or any other proprietary feature.
For people with disabilities, reasonable accommodation is available during the application process. Please contact [email protected] with the subject “Accommodation request” if you need accommodation.
Interested in working at Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as cover letter and résumé or résumé. Applications by email will not be considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to receiving your application. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.