Parenteral Lipid Emulsions to Witness Rapid Growth in the Parenteral Nutrition Market
The latest Fact.MR market study on the global parenteral nutrition market provides insights into key developments registered across segments in terms of nutrient type. The study also highlights organic and inorganic growth strategies adopted by key players to gain a competitive edge in the parenteral nutrition market.
Fact.MR – A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider: Parenteral nutrition has shown tremendous growth, with a market value of over US$ 6 billion in 2021. By the end of 2022, the parenteral nutrition market is predicted to have grown by 16% year over year compared to 2021, reaching US$ 7 trillion. The sector is expected to double in size between 2022 and 2032, reaching US$ 14 billion.
Nutritional needs are predicted to rise dramatically as the world’s population grows, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. Government attempts to combat malnutrition in these areas are paving the way for new growth opportunities for parenteral nutrition products.
According to the World Health Organization, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) cause 41 million deaths per year, accounting for 71 percent of all deaths worldwide. Every year, more than 15 million people between the ages of 30 and 69 die from an NCD, with 85% of these fatalities occurring in low- and middle-income countries.
The majority of these deaths are caused by a shortage of minerals, vitamins, or nutrition. Malnutrition is a severe problem that affects both developing and developed countries. Nearly 2 billion adults are either overweight or obese, with 462 million being underweight.
Get Sample Copy With Impact Analysis Of COVID-19 Of Market Report
In view of the rising incidence of premature babies in many parts of the world, the potential for parenteral nourishment has been expanded. Every year, around 15 million babies are delivered prematurely, before the 37-week gestation period is completed. This rate varies by country, ranging from 5% to 18% in 184 nations.
Most preterm babies have low weight and an underdeveloped immune system, putting them at danger. Furthermore, individuals and healthcare organizations are concentrating their efforts on reducing infant mortality, which is driving the use of parenteral lipid emulsions.
In Asia-Pacific, sales of parenteral nutritional products are predicted to expand at the fastest rate. The region’s growth possibilities have been boosted by the presence of a huge population base and the subsequent rise in cases of inadequate nutritional intake, particularly in the developing world.
Market value for 2021
Anticipated Market Value for 2022
Forecasted Market Value for 2032
Global Growth Rate (2022-2032)
- By 2022, the global parenteral nutrition industry is expected to be worth US$ 7 billion
- Single dose of amino acids to account for 31% of total parenteral nutrition market revenue.
- According to nutrient type, parenteral lipid emulsions will grow at a CAGR of 6.7% through 2032.
- In 2022, North America will account for more than two out of every five sales of parenteral nutrition products.
- From 2022 to 2032, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market, with a CAGR of 8%.
- Rise in demand for parenteral nutrition is attributable to a growing desire for improving nutrition intake among immunocompromised individuals as a result of the emergence of chronic or infectious diseases.
- Government initiatives to reduce the prevalence of malnutrition is expected to propel the parenteral nutrition market growth.
To gain in-depth insights on Parenteral Nutrition Market, request methodology at
Leading manufacturers of parenteral nutrition products are constantly seeking to improve their product offerings. They do this, among other things, by introducing new product lines, reinforcing their position through alliances, and purchasing small to medium-scale providers. The following are some significant developments:
- In January 2020, Fresenius Kabi completed its clinical trial for SmofKabiven, a novel line of lipid emulsions. Fish, soybean, and olive oils, as well as medium-chain triglycerides, are used to make the product.
Key Companies Profiled by Fact.MR –
- Allergan Plc.
- Baxter International
- Vifor Pharma Group
- Grifols SA
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co.Ltd.
- Fresenius Kabi
- B.Braun Melsungen AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical Co.Ltd.
- Actavis Inc.
More Valuable Insights on Parenteral Nutrition Market
Fact.MR provides an unbiased analysis of the parenteral nutrition market, presenting forecast statistics for the period from 2022-2032. The study divulges compelling insights on the global parenteral nutrition market with a detailed segmentation on the basis of:
- By Nutrient Type :
- Carbohydrate-based Parenteral Nutrition Products
- Parenteral Lipid Emulsion
- Single Dose Amino Acid Parenteral Nutrition Solution
- Parenteral Nutrition Trace Elements
- Parenteral Vitamins & Minerals
Key Questions Covered in the Parenteral Nutrition Market Report
- The report offers insight into parenteral nutrition market demand outlook for 2022-2032
- The market study also highlights projected sales growth for parenteral nutrition market between 2022 and 2032
- Parenteral nutrition market survey identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Parenteral nutrition market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and others
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain –
OTC Vitamins And Dietary Supplements Market Forecast – Self-medication for primary health conditions is becoming more popular, and dietary supplements are becoming more popular in daily use, which is predicted to raise sales of OTC vitamins and dietary supplements.
Parenteral Drug Market Analysis – The increased frequency of chronic illnesses such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes has been the primary revenue driver for parenteral drugs around the world, and this trend is unlikely to change very soon.
Self-Administered Medication Market Scope – The self-administered medication market players are focusing on developing drugs and vaccinations that can be used for treatment at home in response to rising demand for self-treatment and healthcare management.
Geriatric Medicines Market Insights – Continuous research is contributing to the development of innovative drugs, which is positively impacting the geriatric medicine industry’s sales. In the forecast term, the geriatric medicines market is expected to gain traction due to the increasing prevalence of high-quality geriatric care management systems.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarters is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
E: [email protected]