Newswise – CHICAGO – The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is hosting the Food & Nutrition Conference & ExpoTM 2021 October 16-19 through a virtual event in response to safety considerations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The Academy’s Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo ™ is an opportunity for food and nutrition professionals around the world to expand their knowledge and acquire new skills to better serve their customers,” said Kevin L. Sauer, Registered Nutritionist and President of the Academy. “Participants will have the opportunity to learn from peers in their field as they examine the relationships between diet, culture, technology, public policy and modern practice.”
Registered nutritionists, nutritionists, policy makers, health care providers and industry leaders from around the world are expected to participate online in more than 100 state-of-the-art nutritional research and educational presentations, panel discussions and poster presentations.
This year’s FNCE® program features the latest in health equity, diversity and inclusion, body positivity, gastrointestinal health, diabetes, technology and much more.
The virtual event includes:
- Live and on-demand sessions
- New live one-on-one video chats
- Cutting-edge research from over 350 e-poster presentations
- A virtual exhibition hall with more than 100 virtual booths and expo-related activities
- Virtual networking and knowledge sharing sessions, chat rooms, and audience questions and answers
- Access to FNCE® session recordings through May 31, 2022.
The Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo ™ is also the premier annual opportunity for the news media to hear, directly from leading sources, of the latest in nutritional research and its daily uses; Developments in politics and legislation; Educational trends; and the hottest and newest products to hit the market. Accredited media representatives can conduct interviews with the Academy’s network of national speakers. To request media credentials and learn more, visit eatrightFNCE.org/media.
Keynote speakers at the main general meetings include (all times Central):
- Sunday, October 17th (10 a.m. to 11 a.m.): Opening session. The keynote speaker is a trained ethnographer, unshakable optimist and bestselling author Simon Sinek. Sinek shares how people can be inspired and fulfilled by their work. He emphasizes that the ability to adopt an infinite mindset is a prerequisite for any leader who strives to leave their organization in a better condition than they found it.
- Monday, October 18 (10 a.m. to 11 a.m.): Member showcase. The keynote speaker is bestselling author, podcaster and founder of Kwik Learning, Jim Kwik. As a global expert in fast reading, memory enhancement, brain performance and accelerated learning, Kwik shares his secrets to thrive mentally, increase productivity and innovation in the face of daily overstimulation.
- Tuesday, October 19 (3 p.m. to 4 p.m.): Closing session. The keynote speaker will be the President and Chief Storytelling Officer of consulting firm Steller Collective, Kindra Hall. As a masterful storyteller, Hall provides audiences with a blueprint for effective storytelling, empowering and empowering them to build better professional relationships.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics represents more than 112,000 graduate nutritionists and is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The academy is committed to improving the health of the country and promoting the dietitian profession through research, education and advocacy. Visit the Academy at www.eatright.org.