Tell bug bite itchiness, scalp pain, carpal tunnel aches, and summer heat where to stick it with these handy products.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of cooling towels that get chilly the moment you soak them in water and wring them out — a godsend for when you’re looking for quick ways to cool down when the temperature outside starts to spike.
It also keeps its chill for hours and will immediately get chilly again when you soak it in water and repeat the process.
Promising review: “These are wonderful and work! Purchased to use for Disney trip and they were perfect. They have no chemical smell. You just add water and ring them out. Each comes with its own case and clip. Stayed cool for hours. Great for heat and nausea. Just wrapped around neck and instant relief!” —Christina Hatfield
Get a set of four from Amazon for $16.99.
2. A delightful little tool called the “Bug Bite Thing” – it suctions on all kinds of bug bites to reduce swelling, itchiness, and redness.
Rebecca O’Connell / BuzzFeed
This works on mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, sea lice, and more (although TBH, if this list of bugs gets any longer I may just stay indoors forever!!).
Promising review: “I cannot stress to you enough how much better this simple little tool has made my quality of life during summer in Ohio. It rains a lot. There are a lot of mosquitoes. I have horrific allergic reactions to mosquito bites. We’re talking bumps swelling to the width of softballs within minutes of the bite. This tool doesn’t make those bumps go away, but it stops the itch IMMEDIATELY. I was a huge skeptic; how could a little suction cure this agonizingly itchy allergic reaction? I’ll be honest. I still really don’t know how it does, but it provides instant relief that no pill, cream, or injection ever has ever achieved for me. If you live anywhere where insect bites are common, you need to own one of these.” —Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
3. A handy as heck sunburn soother you’ll probably want to stock up on now to have on hand this summer — it’s made with aloe and coconut oil to hydrate skin and gently relieve pain from the sun’s unforgiving rays within just a few hours.
Psst — a lot of reviewers mentioned this also helped prevent peeling and itching!
Promising review: “I bought this product to take on our vacation. I am so glad I did. I got burnt on my lower legs and tops of my feet. I though I had put enough sunscreen on. I didn’t. That night I woke with my legs and feet both burning and itching. The instant I put this on I had relief. OMG I cannot say enough about this stuff. Buy it. Keep it on hand. Great product. Thank you Burt’s Bees!” —D.S.
Get it from Amazon for $7.69.
4. A knee stabilizer band for knee pain relief both in the short term *and* long term, whether you get it from running, hiking, team sports, or jumping up and down every time you hear a Bruno Mars song start playing at a wedding reception.
Promising review: “Oh my God! I have had bad knees for decades and I have tried so many braces but they’re hot, they migrate down and I have to constantly pull them up so I just don’t wear them. But my knees are so bad it’s hard to walk sometimes and so I wanted to try something different and this looked really simple, and if it didn’t work I wasn’t out much money. So I tried it and it’s amazing! Instant relief. I even took it off to see if maybe my knees weren’t feeling the pain and the pain came back after a moment so I know it was working. Weather really mess with them. Living in the midwest means spring and fall transitions are awful and the extreme cold and storms reek havoc on my knees. I shouldn’t be this excited about a product but I literally carry this in my purse.” —Meghan Dray
Get a set of two from Amazon for $13.88 (available in four colors).
5. A nipple cream made with a blend of extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, and shea butter to combat the *menagerie* of nip nonsense that comes with breastfeeding, from chafing to cracking to dryness. The all-natural ingredients mean you don’t have to time it out and remove it before breastfeeding, either.
Promising review: “This has been a lifesaver. My daughter was born and was labeled an aggressive eater and we were having latch problems because of it. She destroyed my nipples in a 24-hour period and my lactation consultant gave me the Medela stuff. It just wasn’t helping much and my nipples were scabbed and bleeding. So I took to the internet to look for some magic cure and stumbled across this stuff. Lots of great reviews from bloggers and the reviews on Amazon seemed promising. So I ordered it and waited in anticipation. Once I received it I immediately applied it and felt instant relief! Fast forward a week later and I’m healed up! I still use it because the nips get dry but it’s a godsend.” —Victoria Davis
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
6. A facial ice roller you can stash in the fridge or freezer to help with all *kinds* of miscellaneous ouchies, like migraines, sinus pain, and jaw pain.
Psst — a lot of reviewers swear by this for relief from the heat and for puffiness!
Promising review: “I was in the habit of rolling a cold can of soda on my forehead to help with tension headaches and sinus pain but that was cumbersome and not always cold enough. This ice roller works so well to ease the pain from sinuses and tension. It froze very quick and I felt instant relief. The rolling motion even cleared my sinuses and I could breathe better right away. I love this. Would highly recommend.” —DT
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in eight colors).
7. A pack of the internet-beloved Mighty Match Pimple Spot Treatment, a hydrocolloid sticker that you can apply straight onto a zit to flatten it, reduce redness, and even suck the gunk out of individual trouble spots overnight. Personally *love* to see a problem magically disappear while I’m snoozing.
Promising review: “I’m not typically one to write a review but these are so awesome I have to. I had a white head pimple the other day that was sore — like, it hurt — and I put one of these one and it was like instant relief. Left it on overnight and next morning it’s all sucked out. The day after it’s a little dry on the spot where I had a gross pimple the day before, but it’s gone. So awesome. Worth it.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.50.
8. A stick of Body Glide anti-chafing balm you can apply between your thighs so you can keep wearing cooling clothes like dresses and shorts without worrying about irritating your skin.
Promising review: “I used this stuff on the Appalachian trail and it works amazing. Like marble on marble and instant relief. A must-have for any trail hiker.” —Draco
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
9. A suuuper popular Bio-Oil made with vitamins A and E, chamomile, and lavender — you may recognize it as a product a lot of people use to help fade scars (both old and new), soothe cracked and dry skin, and help moisturize without affecting your pores, but people are also using it in quarantine to help with dry and painful skin on their hands from hand-washing and sanitizing.
FWIW re: scars, though, this stuff really works. I had thyroid surgery a few years ago and Bio-Oil took me from looking like I’d stumbled out of the Red Wedding to virtually no detectable scar within a few months. All I did was apply it once in the morning and once at night.
Promising review: “Provides instant relief for itching, growing pregnant bellies. I quite like the smell and love the fact that it is not very oily and doesn’t leave oil stains on clothes. I use this on my face and sometimes for my hair as well. Calms frizzy hair and works great for combination skin. I love this product.” —Rohan
Get it from Amazon for $8.92 (available in three sizes).
10. A foot file that’ll remove calluses and hard or cracked skin from your feet with some gentle, pain-free rubbing. It works whether your feet are dry or wet at the time, and will leave your heels feeling gloriously soft.
Promising review: “I don’t typically write reviews, I’m lazy! I usually write them if something is really great or really bad. Well this product is really great!! It offered me instant relief with ease!” —Brooklynn
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
11. A shampoo scalp massager you can use in the shower to massage and exfoliate your scalp, so you can get all of the relaxing decadence of feeling like someone is massaging your head without physically going to a salon. Psst — a lot of reviewers mention this has also helped with psoriasis, dandruff, and scalp tenderness!
I recently started using one of these and WOWZA, it really helps you get extra mileage out of your shampoo. I have a whole lot of hair on my head so sometimes it’s a struggle to feel like I’ve soaped up my whole scalp thorough, but this was a very effective way to spread out the suds and really get them to the roots. I was worried it might tangle in my hair, but it was totally fine on that front, too. I’ve noticed that my hair has been a little less greasy at the roots since I started using it a few weeks ago. And I’m echoing a ton of reviewers here when I say it just feels reeeeeally, really nice.
Promising review: “I have dermatitis and when it strikes my entire head, not just scalp hurts. After hearing it from a group about remedies for dermatitis, I bought this. One day when the pain struck again, I used this with my regular shampoo and washed. The massage gave instant relief and my headache was gone in less than 20 minutes. I would definitely recommend this product not just for people with my condition, but also for regular hair massages. Easy to hold, doesn’t slip off the hand and soft enough on the scalp.” —Ro
Get it from Amazon for $6.98+ (available in three colors).
12. A bottle of tea tree essential oil that reviewers use for a whole bundle of reasons, including to help soothe red patches, inflammation, and irritation on their skin.
Reviewers also use it to help cleanse buildup on their scalps, prevent dryness, strengthen their nail beds, and just generally ~breathe in~ because it smells so darn relaxing.
Promising review: “I love my tea tree oil, the scent is pleasant and the multiple uses I get from this product is amazing. I use it for my dry scalp, knee pain, in my oil burner also place it behind the ears of my small niece who had a stuffy nose. Instant relief, you can’t go wrong.” —Kebble Edison
Get it fro Amazon for $8.95.
13. A set of Sea Bands, which target an acupuncture point on your wrists meant to help reduce nausea. Basically, if you’re someone who has motion sickness, morning sickness, migraine nausea, or even nausea brought on by cramps, this may the be thing to take you from 🥴to 😊.
Promising review: “These were awesome! My entire family suffers from motion sickness, especially car sickness. My little one gets sick in the car on a regular car ride through the city. So I knew that a long road trip was going to be a disaster. I was amazed at how well these bands worked for everyone! Not one single person complained about being sick for 12 hours in the car. At one point I did have one child remove their bands because they said they were getting too tight. But after only a few minutes without them, a headache started to come on, so they immediately put them back on and the relief was instant. I have suffered for decades and now I know better. I will never travel without mine again!” —1SmartCookie
Get a set of two from Amazon for $8.54 (available in adult and children’s sizes).
14. Or an anti-nausea soothing scent dispenser made with a blend of spearmint, peppermint, ginger and lavender that reviewers swear by for everything from motion sickness to chemotherapy treatment to post-anesthesia to morning sickness.
Promising review: “This is an amazing product. A nurse handed a little single-use packet when I was experiencing nausea after surgery. Although I was quite skeptical, it worked instantly! A few months later, my mother had daily nausea from cancer treatments. We got her the Quease Ease inhaler tubes (multiple use) and it really helped her get through meals. She kept one in her pocket and another by her bed. (I expect it works well on sea-sickness, too.) Bless this wonderful product for the instant relief it gives!” —Jeri
Get it from Amazon for $18.95.
15. A memory foam seat cushion for your tushy so effective at relieving pressure from your tailbone and back that you can decide any chair in the house is your work-from-home chair now, no matter how determined it looks to bug your spine.
Promising review: “This cushion is really wonderful! I teach virtually and am in a chair for a good part of the day. I thought I needed a new chair to get help, but this cushion provides instant relief. I highly recommend it!” —Beth S.
Get it from Amazon for $37.95 (get this price by clipping the “10% off” coupon on the product page).
16. A hip belt designed for sciatic, pelvic, lower back, and leg pain you can wear to help stabilize ye olde sacroiliac joint (aka, the joint in your lower back that causes pain in a lot of these areas when it’s inflamed). It’s super lightweight and breathable so you can wear it for long periods of time, too.
(Psst — you should consult with your doctor before trying anything new involving your neck/back area to make sure it’s safe for you!)
You can extra personalize the fit based on your needs, too, because there’s not only the wraparound belt, but a secondary belt installed over it so you can control the compression you need in certain areas.
Promising review: “I have been having sciatic nerve pain for years due to inflamed sacroiliac joint. This belt helps tighten up my loose hips, I felt instant relief after I put it on. Since the pain is more from my left hip, I am able to use the elastic secondary belt to give more compression on that side. It’s worth the price!” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $27.89 (available in two colors and three sizes).
17. A pair of compression gloves designed to help alleviate pain from carpal tunnel and arthritis, so you can type at your keyboard without an internal monologue of “ow OW ow owwwww” for the majority of your workday.
Promising review: “Thirty-six-year-old. I have carpel tunnel and many other issues. These gloves provided me instant relief from shooting pain that is very distracting, painful, and hard to live with. Whenever the pain is at its worst, I wear these to provide instant relief. These gloves provide great relief while also not constraining blood flow. My circulation is not cut off at wrist or tips of fingers. When you first put on the gloves, wiggle them around your fingers to find what works for you as everyone’s comfort level is different. I strongly recommend these gloves and will be buying a pair for my mom. I don’t wear mine all day as I don’t like to be dependent on medication or health products, but these things are amazing and a true blessing of relief. Thank you so much.” —honest reviews only
Get a pair from Amazon for $8.97 (available in three sizes).
18. A neuropathy cream made with castor oil, valerian root, peppermint, and cayenne, ginger, and turmeric that may help if you’ve got localized pain spots to deal with.
Body Essentials Herbal Care/Etsy
Body Essentials Herbal Care is a Colorado-based, woman-owned Etsy shop established in 2015 that specializes in zero-waste hair and skincare.
Promising review: “Heard about this item with reserved hope… it has delivered above and beyond my expectations! Instant relief from burning carpal tunnel and muscle soreness. Will be a repeat buyer.” —NS
Get it from Body Essentials Herbal Care on Etsy for $36 (psst — this item ships for free!).
19. A reviewer-beloved anti-dandruff shampoo to relieve flaking and itching and help prevent outbreaks by getting directly to the root. A lot of reviewers mention that it not only started working from the first use, but it *also* helped with shedding and hair loss caused by dandruff in the first place.
This shampoo was designed to work for sensitive scalps, color-dyed, and chemically processed hair as well as for all hair types and textures, with reviewers with 3b-4c curls mentioning it worked for them.
Promising review: “Since school has been online for a good chunk on the year I started to develop dry scalp on my head. It was constantly burning and I even ended up scratching away a chunk of hair! I saw this and immediately bought it. OMG IT’S AMAZING. Instant relief, it makes your hair so soft plus it smells amazing. 20/10 would recommend for everyone with dandruff or dry scalp.” —Taylor D.
Get it from Amazon for $14.84.
20. A compression foot sleeve that’ll help manage heel pain and plantar fasciitis that you can sneakily wear right under your socks. The compression is so effective that even reviewers with chronic pain swear by them!
Promising review: “After five months of plantar fasciitis pain I finally went to a podiatrist. The doctor ‘taped’ my foot, prescribed anti-inflammation meds and said come back in three weeks. Also she said to remove the tape after three days. My poor foot liked the taping and didn’t like it when I removed it. So rather than go back to the podiatrist every few days for a taping I looked on line and saw these sleeves and ordered a pair. It was instant relief. I have worn one every day since. Now it’s still early so I cannot say its a cure but it is very helpful! I will most likely still need physical therapy but at least now I can walk in the grocery store without crippling pain! I have been alternating the washing of the sleeves so I will be buying more of them.” —Amazon Customer
Get a pair from Amazon for $14.95 (available in four sizes and nine colors).
21. A knee pillow designed to help with better spinal alignment for people with back, hip, knee, or sciatica pain that will make any notorious side sleeper go “Ooohhh” when they try it for the first time.
It even comes with an adjustable strap if you’re someone who tosses and turns in their sleep (or if you’re using it to recover from an injury that may lead to limited mobility). Psst — a lot of pregnant reviewers and reviewers with arthritis pain and cartilage pain swore by this, too!
Promising review: “Last week I ordered this pillow. Some people know about my knee injury from over 10 years ago. On occasions I still walk with a limp and sometimes I can’t sleep because of the pain. There is a strap you wrap around your leg to help keep the pillow in place. I sleep on my side so it’s very comfortable when I’m sleeping. Definitely worth the buy. It gives me instant pain relief and sleep quality.” —Dashinka
Get it from Amazon for $21.95.
22. A rotating, heated back and neck massager to work out all of the knots and tension in your lower back, shoulders, and neck, because TBH your family and friends are getting a *little* tired of you low key bribing them for shoulder massages.
Promising review: “Instant relief. The second I hit the on button, I was in heaven. Super comfortable and easy to use. You can position on your lower back, neck or shoulders. The heat is a great bonus. I felt like I was at my own personal spa.” —Tasha P.
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
23. A cooling Biofreeze gel made with a menthol blend to help instantly soothe both small *and* large muscle areas, targeting everything from sore muscles and joints to backaches to arthritis pain.
Promising review: “I don’t think I can survive without this gel! Since becoming a mommy, my back and knee joint pain worsened and this gel gives me an instant relief! There are many gels out there but this works the best for me and also does for my mom. I highly recommend you try this!” —Problem Solver
Get it from Amazon for $13.36.
24. A pair of blue-light-blocking glasses to help defend your eyeballs against the painful strain of your transition from phone to laptop to television to laptop to phone, aka your eyes’ new itinerary.
Promising review: “I’m a photographer/content creator, so I spend a LOT of time in front of a screen of sorts. I was experiencing a lot of eye pain and saw these, so I thought I’d give them a shot. Instant relief, y’all. Now, when I’m editing my photos, I do have to randomly look without the glasses on just to make sure I’m not making my photos too ‘warm’ but looking at a screen for a couple of seconds every so often is nothing compared to the HOURS I was staring at it before. Great glasses!!” —Shea
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $12.24+ (available in seven style combinations).
25. A calming essential oil roller made with peppermint, sage, and ginger that may help ease stress and anxiety when you roll it on your neck, behind your ears, or on your wrists. (*casually rubs it all over my body*)
Promising review: “As soon as it put this one on it worked immediately!!! I was feeling anxious and stressed at work and I out this on and it was an instant relief for me! Love this!” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
26. A Squatty Potty, one of those internet-famous stools you can put at the base of your toilet to prop your feet up on while you ~go~. The placement helps align your colon to make the process a whole lot easier and faster — like, 20 seconds compared to several minutes! — so you don’t end up watching all of TikTok while you’re waiting yourself out.
Psst — a lot of reviewers with chronic constipation and other gastrointestinal issues that get them ~backed up~ swear by this!
Promising review: “This is the best invention ever. I was ridiculously constipated after giving birth via cesarean, and it had been one week since I went! The gas was killing me and nothing was working. My sister suggested the Squatty Potty because she loved hers. So I primed it. It arrived yesterday and as I reluctantly put my feet up on the Squatty Potty, the relief was instant. It relieved my gas and I had a BM immediately. It literally saved me from having to be put back in the hospital. GET THIS PRODUCT. It is a life-changer!” —turnthepaige
Get it from Amazon for $20.99.
27. A podiatrist-level toenail clipper to quickly and easily take care of thicker toenails, but also those painful ingrown ones that you usually have to go to a salon or a doctor to get relief from.
Hello, my toenails are a problem children for two reasons: one is that they’re kinda thick, the other is that I’m a long-distance runner, which doesn’t play nice with toenails. I bought this recently and the difference it made immediately was ENORMOUS. Like I usually dread approaching my big toenails because they are so thick, but these painlessly and seamlessly lobbed the tops right off; I was also able to ~gently correct~ a toenail that was starting to get ingrown, and help cut down a dead toenail that needed trimming but would have been painful to approach with a regular clipper.
Promising review: “I had an expensive pair from another brand and the spring kept snapping hurting my hand. I took a chance on these and they are very sharp and pointed, easy to handle. I had an ingrown toe nail and got instant relief with these, they were easy to use and did the job.” —Lana
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
28. A large electric heating pad designed to be extra soft and flexible, so you can cuddle up to its warmth or ease aches and pains no matter where they’re popping up on your human form.
This pad has three different heat settings and an auto-shut off for safety, *plus* is totally machine washable.
Promising review: “I use this for my herniated disks in my back, for my pulled shoulder muscles, my arthritic knees… the list goes on! Absolutely couldn’t survive without it! It brings instant relief and comfort to a professional dancer’s body! No home should be without this lovely comfy colorful heating pad! You can use it for all sorts of things. And you can actually disconnect it and wash it in the washer and dryer following the care instructions! I love my fluffy heating pad!❤️” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $26.97
29. A spiky massage ball meant to be a quick-fix solution for plantar fasciitis (aka deeply annoying inner foot pain) but that also works on other muscle groups that might be rebelling out of nowhere.
Promising review: “This spiky massage ball gives me instant relief on several painful parts of my body: neck, shoulders, injured elbow, pecs, etc. I’ve been using it for five days or so, and am now feeling less pain and more flexible. The Master of Muscle company is TOTALLY dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction. If like me you are using tennis balls to massage and release some tension, pressure, and/or pain, I think you should try this Mauler ball. It is helping exponentially more than the tennis balls I was using.” —James P.
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
30. O’Keeffe’s Working Hands Hand Cream, an affordable concentrated moisturizer for dry, cracked, or bleeding hands that actually *does* all the stuff the high-end brand names claim they’re going to do.
Psst — a lot of reviewers also swear by this for relieving eczema!
Promising review: “We have found nothing else compares to the effectiveness of this product. It feels a little heavy when first applied, but there is instant relief from painful cracked skin — and within minutes it has been largely absorbed, leaving clean and moisturized smooth hands. I’m buying the largest size available from now on.” —Kitty
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
31. An acupressure mat and pillow to help relax tension and relieve stress at the end of a long day of being a human. The mat and pillow are equipped with over 7,000 (!!) acupressure points, which help release tight muscles. It’s a little bit jarring when you first lay on them, but you should feel results within 10 to 30 minutes of laying on the mat.
Promising review: “I am so impressed with this mat! I currently experience complete back soreness/tightness + back pain. My calves will also knot up not release for days at a time. I’ve been using it for five days now and have experienced so much relief, it’s truly unbelievable! I actually want to ensure I wasn’t giving the mat more credit than it deserved so I almost didn’t use the mat this morning even through I have a painful jolt down the muscles of one side of my back – I decided to use it anyway because I didn’t want the pain to worsen throughout the day. I’m glad I did because I felt instant relief in my back and neck.” —tameeka williams
Get it from Amazon for $27.73 (available in 10 colors).
32. A plush memory foam mattress topper that’ll quickly transform any old spring mattress into an oasis — this helps distribute your weight on your mattress more evenly to reduce pressure on your joints, so you’re less likely to wake up all stiff and sore.
Promising review: “This product was an instant pain relief. The memory foam allowed for better nights of sleep and is very cooling. Since of purchasing a new mattress, I purchased this instead. Have not been disappointed yet. Easy to unpack and clean. My better half loves it as we both have improved sleep quality now.” —Fitness Jock
Get it from Amazon for $57.64+ (available in two or three inch depth and in eight standard bed sizes).
33. A memory foam gel pad for your wrists to relieve some of the cramping and wrist pain that comes with holding your hands over your keyboard the whole livelong day.
It comes in two pieces — one you can prop in front of your keyboard, and the other in front of your mouse.
Promising review: “Instant relief from achy hands/wrist! I love that this product helped my aching hands! My career requires typing 40 hours a week so I suffer from pain in my hands and wrist. Upon setting up these cushions, I was instantly amazed at how comfortable and essential this product was to ensuring proper hand/wrist coordination during typing.” —Josephine Cardone
Get it from Amazon for $15.46 (available in three sizes and 14 colors).
34. A Nodpod, a strap-free weighted sleep mask designed for back *and* side sleepers with a gentle pressure to encourage stress relief and deep sleep.
Psst — you can also put it in the freezer, and the microbeads in the mask will stay cool for hours.
Promising review: “I love this, where have you been all my headache life??? The moment I feel any pressure while I’m sleeping I put this over my eyes and I get instant relief. I told my daughter who has the same sinus problem that I’m going to get her one. Works great and I love cooling effect it give, very soothing.” —SueP
Get it from Amazon for $32 (available in multiple colors).
35. A full body pillow that yes, was initially designed for pregnancy, but is so versatile and handy that anyone can make good use of it. The wrap around design is excellent for back, leg, and hip support, so you’re much less likely to wake up stiff or sore at any of those joints.
Psst — it’s even detachable to convert into a reading station (or create a hole for your arm if you’re a side sleeper!).
Promising review: “I got this yesterday and I’m in LOVE! I got instant relief from my back and my stomach was sooo comfortable! I wish I knew about this pillow for my other two pregnancies. This pillow is soo comfy I would definitely recommend this to everyone!” —Nikki Torez
Get it from Amazon for $39.95 (available in six colors).
Frolicking around in out dresses without worrying about thigh chafe burns like:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products – from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online – delivered to your inbox!