The TransMed Complex is currently renting free space on the second floor for like-minded practitioners. (Brooke Ontiveros / Community Impact Newspaper)
TransMed Complex hosted a Patient Appreciation Luncheon where 10 companies showcased their products and services on June 24th as the center’s first anniversary approaches in August.
The TransMed Complex, located at 2510 S. Loop 336 W., Conroe, takes a holistic approach to treating a range of conditions and needs, from hypnosis at the TransMed Center, which helps alleviate anxiety or addictions, to tailored medications and needs natural dietary supplements at Roberds Apotheke, according to TransMed representatives.
The TransMed Complex rents vacant rooms on the second floor for like-minded practitioners.
Company in a complex
The TransMed Complex houses 10 companies. Here is some information about each of them.
- The TransMed Center’s medical director, Jody Caldwell, began the practice in August, combining the best of holistic and conventional medicine to best treat chronic conditions, according to the center’s website. The center offers services such as meridian stress analysis, hormone therapy as well as wellness and sports regeneration. 936-441-8999. www.transmedcenter.com
- Roberds Pharmacy, a compound pharmacy, has been open since 1980 but moved to the TransMed Center in October, owner Van Tran said in an email. Roberds offers commercial and bespoke drugs along with medical supplements and vitamins, said representatives from Roberds. 936-756-4254. www.roberdspharmacy.com
- Broth & Brine is the first gluten-free craft kitchen in Conroe. It opened in December and specializes in dishes made with fresh whole-food ingredients, according to a press release. 936-441-8997. www.brothandbrine.co
- The Back Pain & Joint Center of Texas, a chiropractic clinic, specializes in integrative full-body medicine and offers services that range from sciatica treatments to back and knee braces, according to the center’s website. The center has been open for more than 12 years but moved to the TransMed Complex in March. 936-215-6918. www.backpaincenteroftexas.com
- +40 Fitness, according to its website, covers the fitness needs of over 40s in a judgment-free environment with 30-minute sessions. Appointments are required. +40 Fitness came to the TransMed Complex in August. 936-827-2258. www.plus-forty-fitness.com
- Family First Urgent Care offers office appointments for $ 75 with additional fees for x-rays or blood tests, Family First representatives said. Three nurses started the practice five years ago and opened it in August in the TransMed complex. 936-235-2825. www.familyfirsturgentcareconroe.com
- New Leaf MedSpa opened in August in the TransMed Complex. The spa specializes in areas such as laser hair removal, non-surgical face lifts, and body sculpting and contouring, according to its website. 936-628-5323. www.newleafnewu.com
- According to a press release, the Violet Crown Massage Therapy offers integrated massage therapy aimed at finding the source of pain, stress or anxiety in patients. Violet Crown officials said they also offer couples massage and opened in August. 337-222-1035
- Bayou City Breastfeeding, the largest breastfeeding counseling practice in Houston, opened a satellite location in the TransMed Complex in August, Bayou City officials said. The practice offers home and virtual visits to target babies who are struggling to bond to their mother for milk and can help with the transition to bottle feeding. 281-305-0411. www.bayoucitybreastfeeding.com
- Mindset Therapy psychologist Emily Mayfield said she uses a virtual therapy model that allows customers in 30 states to pay for unlimited text messaging and video options through their subscription service. Mayfield moved to the TransMed Complex in August because she wanted to be part of a community that takes a holistic approach to health care, she said. 346-800-7055. www.mindsettherapyonline.com