A shoulder dislocation is one of the most traumatic and agonizing experiences when it comes to injury. It causes bruising, swelling, severe pain, and in some cases, muscle cramps. The recovery process is lengthy and often demands the body, mind and spirit. We managed to find a fun way to make the recovery period less painful. CBD gummies! Yes you’ve read correctly. These small and brightly colored gums are surprisingly effective at treating pain.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, an ingredient extracted from the cannabis sativa plant found in these gummy edibles, is widely known for relieving certain types of joint pain. You can Buy CBD-infused gummy bears on-line. Read on to learn how these wonderful little treats can help you get back on track to recovery.
Benefits of CBD gums
CBD is organic, safe, and effective in treating shoulder pain and inflammation often associated with dislocation. A Study carried out by NCBI suggested that this compound could be a safe therapeutic option to treat the affected area locally and prevent acute flare-ups, which could occur as side effects.
Here are some known benefits of CBD.
● Improves bone health
While doctors have always recommended surgery and prescription medication to treat dislocated shoulders, the focus has been on non-invasive and non-addictive options like CBD administration. “Cannabinoid receptors in our body help improve bone growth and prevent the loss of bone minerals,” confirmed a scientific report from Tel Aviv and Hebrew Universities.
● Relieves pain
Imagine having to look for that pain spray, balm, or roll-on several times a day. Sounds exhausting, doesn’t it? You can now pop a gummy bear at any time and let the edible work its magic. CBD has shown great potential in the treatment of chronic pain, and most people can tolerate it well.
● Reduces inflammation
Studies have shown that CBD (a non-intoxicating phytocannabinoid) alleviates several inflammatory conditions, including arthritis. Who would have thought that a gummy bear could help get rid of inflammation and sleep well at night?
● Relaxes the muscles
CBD works as an excellent muscle relaxant. In addition, its antispasmodic properties alleviate muscle problems in the shoulder area and improve shoulder mobility.
Aside from the above remedies, CBD modulates serotonin levels in the body and is popularly used as an antidepressant to treat anxiety and stress disorders.
Types of CBD available on the market
While you can find several CBD-infused gums for sale, you should be aware of the three major types of CBD that are typically made.
- The whole spectrum – This rubbery type of CBD contains most of the components of the cannabis plant. Be warned though. There could be tiny amounts of THC (or tetrahydrocannabinol). The FDA only allows CBD products with a THC content of 0.3 percent or less.
- Broad spectrum – Broad spectrum CBD edibles are fortified with oil extracts from the hemp plant and do not contain THC. There is no “high” commonly associated with THC.
- CBD isolate – Gummies with CBD isolate are 99 percent pure CBD with no other cannabis compounds like Terpenes, Cannabinoids, flavonoids, proteins and THC.
Keep in mind that these edibles have side effects or can react with other medications you are taking, including blood thinners. They also take on a considerable amount Time to get in since the compounds are first absorbed by the digestive system.
Possible side effects of CBD gums
Although often well tolerated, CBD gummies for fear contain some active ingredients that determine the side effects they cause.
The most common side effects include:
- Dry mouth
- Reduced appetite
- Weight change
How much is too much And what if your gummies are high in THC?
Experts recommend starting with a small dose and increasing it until you get the desired effect. Most gummy bears come with instructions on the packaging. However, factors such as age, gender, type and severity of the disease, ingredients, CBD strain, and the body’s chemical balance must be considered. The dosage of CBD does not cause any psychoactive effects; therefore it is less risky. However, too much consumption leads to fatigue.
It is important to know that CBD edibles containing THC have the most intense effects. An edible can produce a high that lasts for over six hours. A typical ten piece gummy bear pack can contain 100 mg of THC or 10 mg of THC per gummy bear. Therefore, you should start with a mild dose, between 2.5 and 5 mg, and increase as needed. To start with, try consuming these gummies in the early evening as CBD can make you sleepy. Remember that certain states disapprove of the sale and consumption of THC in any form. Do a little research on the your state’s local laws regarding cannabis use before you buy the groceries.
Which CBD Gums Should You Buy?
There are a few things you need to consider before buying.
- Looking for one Certificate of Analysis (or COA) from a third party on the company’s website. This way you can find verified information about the quality of the CBD gums.
- Study the company’s manufacturing processes.
- Find out about the certifications and licenses associated with the manufacturing company.
- CBD tastes quite bitter, and gums can contain plenty of sugar to mask the taste.
- Always read the product label. Look out for any additional flavors, additives, or compounds that you may not need. Some types may contain allergens or strange ingredients that can cause allergies in you.
- Hunt for Organic and domestically produced rubbers to avoid contact with pesticides and harmful chemicals.
Although there aren’t any Medical confirmation About the usefulness of CBD gums in healthcare, people have shared many anecdotes about how the gums have helped them relieve pain and physical discomfort. Most users report that CBD has a powerful placebo effect and is credited with minimizing over-reliance on pain medication.
Choose a CBD product that is safe and that meets your needs. Remember that the healing process for a shoulder dislocation can be slow and painful. Hence, you need to give the gums enough time to achieve the results you want. In the meantime, indulge yourself with these simple, chewable treats!