Read this article
Headaches can result from various reasons, like anxiety, eating habits that are irregular and sleep deprivation and more. However, have you ever experienced an immediate headache after taking having a shower? It’s possible! The pain can be felt throughout your head, with a particular focus on behind your ear. The phrase “behind the headache behind the ear” refers to the pain that is felt within that specific region of the head. This is not common, but it can be very uncomfortable.
What is the cause of an earache?
The pain in the ear could be caused by the washing of your hair. However, in case the problem persists, it could be an indication that something is more severe. Here are some possibilities for why it happens:
- Occipital neuralgia
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder
- Dental problems
Each illness differ, headaches behind the ear are usually present throughout the spectrum.
What causes washing your hair to result in headaches?
Hair washing is a frequent reason for migraines particularly in women. To better understand the reasons the reasons behind this and how could be done to avoid this, HealthShots spoke with Dr Pavan Pai an expert interventional neurologist and expert in stroke of Wockhardt Hospitals Mira Road, Mumbai.
Dr. Pai states, “It may be shocking that washing your hair could trigger headaches. Washing your hair can cause headaches. migraines can cause headaches that begin following the “head bath” and are now frequent in recent times. Most people are likely to suffer from this type of headache. Hair that is washed 3 times per week and wet plaited hair can result in pain and eventually migraine.”
Also check out:50-year-old suffers from ‘beauty parlour stroke syndrome’ washing her hair: Learn all you can about it
It has been observed in 94 of 1500 Indian patients that took part in a prospective research study that has been published in SAGE journals. They also patients reported having headaches following washing their hair. Washing their hair was the sole cause in eleven patients. It was also one of the triggers for 45 patients, as well as both when combined along with another cause in 38.
The severity of headache varies widely. It is possible to be scared or terrified to even contact the hair because of the frequent headache. Like we said that having your hair wet for long periods could cause headaches that could rob you of tranquility. This means that you might be unable to concentrate on your task. The best advice for preventing this is to not do frequent washing your hair.
Tips for managing migraine headaches
- Don’t clean your hair often.
- If you experience a migraine when you wash your hair you should take your medication at the right time.
- Don’t press too hard on the head during washing.
- Choose cold compresses to ease your migraine.
- Make sure you drink plenty of fluids to keep away headaches.
- Do not drink coffee when you’re suffering from headaches.
- Regularly exercise to prevent a migraine.
- Do not get overwhelmed and maintain your cool after experiencing an injury, or you will be more severe pain.
- Avoid exposure to intense light after suffering experiencing a headache.
- Do not forget to perform breathing exercises that improve blood circulation and ease stress.
We understand how important it is to choose a chiropractor that is right for you. It is our belief that educating our patients is a very important part of the success we see in our offices.