A lot of us are at a desk or in front display — such as a TV, computer or a mobile phone for long periods of time the course of a single day. This can cause neck problems like stiffness or loss of flexibility, reduction in movement and neck pain, according to Doctor. Milady Murphy.
However, there are some exercises that could aid.
Neck stretch basics:
- Done standing or sitting
- Increase the strength of your base
- Take shoulders back and then down
- Keep hands over knees.
- Bring your chin up to chest.
- Keep it for 10 seconds.
- Chin back up slowly
Chin shoulder exercises:
- Turn your attention to the side and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Keep your chin in the shoulder while looking in the direction.
- Continue to hold for 10 seconds
- Keep chin in place and bring it to the center
- Repeat on opposite side.
If you experience pain or discomfort while performing the exercises, you should stop. If you continue to feel pain seek out your doctor.
We understand how important it is to choose a chiropractor that is right for you. It is our belief that educating our patients is a very important part of the success we see in our offices.